Sentinel Apiaries is a seasonal, monthly monitoring program. Members send our lab samples for four or eight colonies to be tested for Varroa and Nosema, providing longitudinal data May through October.
The annual Loss and Management Survey is a holistic questionnaire for you to tell us about your colony losses, treatment, feeding, and more. We have, on average, over 5,000 beekeepers take this survey each year!
MiteCheck is an in-field app allowing you to self-report mite levels from alcohol or sugar shakes. Your results are added to our map to let others know what is happening in your area and nationwide.
Explore Our Data
Explore our research data portal, a platform for publishing useful tools that are open and free to beekeepers, researchers and the public to use.
Our dynamic maps include:
- Sentinel Apiary: Varroa and Nosema
- Loss and Management: Colony Losses
- MiteCheck: Self-reported mite levels
- Hive Monitors: Colony weight, temperature, and humidity
- APHIS National Honey Bee Disease Survey: Varroa, Nosema, and molecular viral results
This is also the home of our popular National Management tool. Come explore our data.