The Bee Informed Partnership’s mission is to provide the resources needed to increase colony survivorship by providing relevant, timely colony data for beekeepers to make informed management decisions. We provide educational resources and information on the importance of honey bees for our food supply and those issues impacting honey bee health to the public and to beekeepers. Central to this mission are our Technical Transfer Teams (TTTs) who service >100 commercial beekeepers in 5 regions of the US. The TTTs also provide contract research services to universities, feed and pharmaceutical companies and other institutions.
The Bee Informed Partnership Inc. (BIP), a 501(c)(3), is looking to hire a full time TTT Coordinator based out of the University of Maryland; however, the person can be based anywhere in the US provided it is close to a major airport. The successful applicant will direct the day to day management and coordination of all our TTTs and work directly with the teams and the BIP organizational staff on increasing value of our services to the commercial beekeepers. The coordinator will help ensure the financial viability of the BIP organization by promoting BIP activities, coordinate research projects, assist with grant preparation, and other leadership activities.
The TTT Coordinator is expected to travel extensively, work directly with our member beekeepers to improve the execution of our services and increase their value, help identify and solve administrative and in-field problems and inefficiencies, and market our services to new beekeepers and industry. The successful candidate will report to the BIP Executive Director, and will work closely with all aspects of BIP activities. The successful candidate will also work closely with the BIP Science Advisor in designing and administering research projects. Experience working with bees is required. Knowledge of commercial beekeeping practices and some research background is desired but not required.
- Tech Team Management
- Advertise/Interview/Hire new TTT members as required
- Recruit new beekeeper members as needed
- Manage communications between TTT members and other groups
- Guide issue discussions and brainstorming
- Conduct training and develop training materials
- Act as a liaison between BIP and TTT hosting institutions
- Participate in contract proposal discussions/experimental design
- Oversee invoicing
- Manage annual summit planning/discussions and coordination of beekeeper meets at the National (ABF/AHPA) conferences
- Enable discussions regarding database improvements/training
- Ensure Loss survey responses from participants
- Customer Service/Communication
- Help develop new tools/value added services
- Manage direct beekeeper communication to increased/improved use of our reports, data and other services
- Develop marketing tools to enhance the adoption of our services
- Develop novel ways of communication with all levels of beekeepers
- Insure timely replies to technical or fiscal queries
- BIP Inc. Board
- Participate in BIP Board discussions and to enable TTT queries and issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field
- Knowledge about or experience with commercial or the general beekeeping industry
- Experience in managing personnel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and meticulous in details
- Ability to work independently and in a team, manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize daily tasks
- Superb written and oral communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and education. Health insurance, vacation, and retirement benefits are included.
Interested applicants should send an electronic cover letter, resume, and 3 references to:
Karen Rennich at email@example.com (Phone: 443.600.5229)
Candidates that fail to provide these three documents will not be considered. Applications received before November 17, 2017 will receive priority, but the position will remain open until filled. We anticipate the successful applicant will start on or before January 1, 2018.